Friday, July 11, 2008



STILL LIFE /JARA


STILL LIFE

Still Life was a 3- piece rock band from LA, California. They are credited for helping pioneer the first wave of emo/emocore bands in this subgenre that is rooted in punk rock. They started in the late 80s with the name Monster Club. They changed their name in 1991 after the departure of the original lead singer who joined the band Strife. They were active until 2003. Former Members Paul Rauch and David Pitzel have started a new band named Old Ground and continue to use Still Life's label, Sunflower Tribe.




JARA


I don't know anything about Jara!




5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jara is ex-Downcast (obviously?)

I haven't listened to them in a while. Every time I encounter someone with the last name Jara, I say "like the poet!" (mentioned in the liner notes of the 7") and they never know what I'm talking about.

2:56 AM  
Blogger weleasewoger72 said...

Downcast......DUH! I knew that! I just made myself look like a right idiot. Downcast are one of my favs!

3:22 AM  
Blogger blend77 said...

nice! i wasnt much a fan of Jara, but then again, I havent listened to it in so many years...

9:25 AM  
Blogger Pidgey said...

thanks, sounds good

5:21 PM  
Blogger Krustie said...

Jara are a Band in Ebullition Recs. Staff...
Ebullition #20: Jara - 7"
are really nice band, i'm not sure they's autoname JARA. like chilean singer killed by Military Fascist regime VICTOR JARA?

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home