Monday, June 16, 2008



ANTISCHISM

Antischism was an anarchist hardcore punk band from Columbia, South Carolina. For most of their existence, the band consisted of: Scott Cooper (drums, vocals, lyrics), Lyz (vocals), Kevin Byrd (guitar), Matt (bass). An additional male vocalist named Brent sang on the 'Still Life' LP. Antischism broke up and then reformed in Austin, TX, as Initial State. After Initial State, Kevin went on to play in .fuckingcom (with Lyz) and Guyana Punch Line, he currently performs in Thank God. Scott moved to Savannah, GA, and played in Damad and Karst, and now plays in Chronicle A/D.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this record. Thanks for the band history. I didn't know any of that. I have a Guyana Punch Line lp - wasn't much into it. I almost think I have an initial state 7" somewhere, but I'm probably thinking of something else.

You are a posting machine!

9:25 PM  
Blogger weleasewoger72 said...

I find you either love GPL or you hate them. I love them. I may do an Initial State post at some point.

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home